We put a car-for-sale ad on Craigslist.org. We were then contacted by OneStopMotors.com. They called repeatedly telling my parents that they could help them sell their car and for a $500 fee they would advertise their car nationally and that because they combine loan services that they could be of great service in helping sell the car. OneStopMotors.com kept calling and had almost convinced my parents to pay $500 for their "services" when my parents asked me to look into the company. I discovered they have an "F" rating with the BBB nationally and also with the BBB in Nevada. The internet is littered with consumer complaints about OneStopMotors.com. That is when I began to scrutinize the claims made in their email. As I investigated each claim proved out to be false. Their ads and services do not come up on the top of the list (or at all) on a search on Yahoo.com when searching the terms they claim will show high profile results when searched. Similarly do they come up on top or at all on a search onGoogle.com or Bing.com. Furthermore their email claims that they will advertise oneBay and on their web site there is a button to click on to see the ads on eBay from OneStopMotors. There were only 19. Does this sound like a company that's going to do a lot for youÂ after you give them $500?
They also show the name Ad.Post.com on their email, but it's free to post ads there. They also list some shame web sites that are subsidiaries of OneStopMotors.com but are not actual national car trading entities. They are merely window dressing and probably the only place a car "advertised" by OneStopMotors.com would possibly ever end up. These sham web sites are probably only used by OneStopMotors to deflectÂ legal chargesÂ of taking money for no services rendered. They can point to those sham web sites and claim that was their advertising.
I contacted OneStopMotors.com about this and he had nothing to refute any of these claims. The only thing they said is that the BBB is a scam.
Take a look at the image from OneStopMotor's web site showing what appears to be their building. Please compare it to the image fromÂ GoogleÂ Earth. Even their claim of what their offices are is a lie.
This company is a scam and they take advantage of people's desperation to sell vehicles in these difficult financial times.
From what I read on the internet their "loan services" are just the other side of the scam. People are getting burnt left and right by this company. BEWARE I will post the email and the photos if this forum allows it.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "So, just bought this fifth wheel.keystone sprinter 324fwbhs I wanted an all seasons for the hot months and cold months. They have a sticker posted on the left next to..."
- "I purchased a 2003 Corvette on July 18, 2012, and discovered a major engine oil leak within the first 36 hours. Met with General Manager Jerry Bussey who agreed to..."
- "Big thumbs down to the BC Road safe Inc ( Traffic Control Company) employee who decided to park in a handicap zone in company vehicle. She absolutely ignored..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "Back on Friday, October 11, 2013, I went from Toronto, Ontario Canada to Caracas, Venezuela with Two (2) Pieces Of Luggage, however, one of the pieces of luggage did NOT..."
- "After using other shave machine from other manufacturer, I decided to try this machine, buying result more cheap than blades for the other machine, due to get used to the..."